Smoky Chipotle Queso Fundido
- 1/4 cup TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce
- 8 oz chorizo
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1 (12 oz) block Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 oz) block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pico de gallo, for serving
- Flour tortillas, warmed according to package directions, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in chorizo, and cook, breaking it up as you go, until chorizo has cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside in a small bowl.
- To the hot skillet, add in onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce and beer and continue cooking until veggies are tender and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Turn off heat and stir in chorizo and both cheeses.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 5 minutes.
- Top with pico de gallo and serve with warmed tortillas.