Customizable Tabasco® Egg-Muffin
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes 12 egg muffins
- Cooking spray
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp finally chopped onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco® Original or Tabasco®Green (for a milder version) to taste
- Herbs and spices to taste
CUSTOMIZE YOUR RECIPE:
Let everyone pick their favourite ingredients from each category and make their own row in the muffin tray.
- Protein: ½ cup per 4 egg muffins. Use ham, breakfast sausage, chicken, chorizo or bacon.
- Cheese: 1/3 cup per 4 egg muffins. Monterey Jack, swiss, mozzarella, fontina or feta.
- Veggies: 1/3 cup per 4 egg muffins. Include anything from mushrooms to broccoli.
OUR FAVOURITE COMBO:
Bacon and spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup cooked chopped spinach, excess water removed
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes and chopped parsley to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of Tabasco® Green
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and onion. Season with your favourite Tabasco® sauce, herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add egg mixture halfway up into each cup.
- Divide toppings into 4 muffin cups each to have a variety.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let muffins cool down a bit before removing from the tray.
Tip: The Tabasco®egg muffins can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge for up to four days. Simply microwave for 10 to 15 seconds when ready to eat.