Billionaire’s Spiced Bacon
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: ½ pound
- ½ lb. (8 oz.) uncooked bacon
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Tabasco® Original Red sauce
- ¾ cup (190 mL) light brown sugar
- Using a pastry brush coat the bacon in the Tabasco® Original Red sauce on both sides.
- Put the sugar onto a dish or plate and coat both sides of bacon in sugar, pressing a light layer of sugar into each strip.
- Lay the sugar-coated bacon out onto an oven-proof grill pan lined with parchment paper and cook in a preheated oven at 425°F for 15 minutes.
- Turn the bacon halfway through cooking, until browned and the sugar has caramelized. Some dark caramelization is normal.
- Place the caramelized bacon onto a cooling rack and allow to cool.